[Linux-PowerEdge] OM 7.2 breaks networking on XenServer 6.1

Vaughan Wickham gdayvw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:43:09 CST 2013

I have tried the following on a T310 with XenServer 6.0 installed.

Run the following command to install or upgrade the rpm packages in XenServer
xe-install-supplemental-pack
OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-LX-7.1.0-5304.XenServer60_A00.iso

Add an entry into the /etc/sysconfig/firewall for openwsman
vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 1311 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 5986 -j ACCEPT

Register CIM Components (This has to be run from the specified directory)
cd /opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/
./autoconf_cim_component.sh -p 5986
./autoconf_cim_component.sh -p 1311
(I'm not sure that the commands related to port 5986 are needed, OMSA
normally uses port 1311)

Reload the firewall.
service iptables restart

Check that wsman is listening and OMSA services are started
netstat -nlp | grep 1311
/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/srvadmin-services.sh status

I have restarted the host.
XenServer networking is still working. A step forward.
The OM services are running.
Nothing is listening on port 1311. openwsmand is listening on port 5986.

Naturally I can't connect to port 1311 in a browser. If I try to
connect to port 5986 I receive error:
501 Method Not Implemented