[Linux-PowerEdge] SAS 5/E Adapter showing errors for MD3000 on OMSA 7.2

Karsten Suehring suehringlists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:35:56 CST 2013

Hi,

has anybody from Dell been follow this? Is the MD3000 still being tested
with OMSA? We have a MD3000 with two stacked MD1000 which have a total of
45 physical disks. OMSA  7.2 reports two physical disks, and - the annoying
part - one of them in failed state, see below for the omreport output.

Is it possible that this might depend on the mptsas version that I'm using?
I installed version 4.26 from the LSI web site. I did not find a
maintenance window yet to test with the version that was included in the
kernel.

Best regards,
Karsten

[root at xxx ~]# omreport storage pdisk controller=1
List of Physical Disks on Controller SAS 5/E Adapter (Slot 4)

Controller SAS 5/E Adapter (Slot 4)
ID                        : 0:3
Status                    : Ok
Name                      : Physical Device 0:3
State                     : Ready
Power Status              : Not Applicable
Bus Protocol              : SAS
Media                     : HDD
Device Life Remaining     : Not Applicable
Failure Predicted         : No
Revision                  : 0735
Driver Version            : Not Applicable
Model Number              : Not Applicable
Certified                 : Not Applicable
Encryption Capable        : No
Encrypted                 : Not Applicable
Progress                  : Not Applicable
Mirror Set ID             : Not Applicable
Capacity                  : 2,047.05 GB (2197999845376 bytes)
Used RAID Disk Space      : 0.00 GB (0 bytes)
Available RAID Disk Space : Not Applicable
Hot Spare                 : Not Applicable
Vendor ID                 : DELL
Product ID                : MD3000
Serial No.                :
Part Number               : Not Available
Negotiated Speed          : 3.00 Gbps
Capable Speed             : 3.00 Gbps
Device Write Cache        : Not Applicable
Manufacture Day           : Not Available
Manufacture Week          : Not Available
Manufacture Year          : Not Available
SAS Address               : 50026B943DE4C604

ID                        : 1:7
Status                    : Critical
Name                      : Physical Device 1:7
State                     : Failed
Power Status              : Not Applicable
Bus Protocol              : SAS
Media                     : HDD
Device Life Remaining     : Not Applicable
Failure Predicted         : No
Revision                  : 0735
Driver Version            : Not Applicable
Model Number              : Not Applicable
Certified                 : Not Applicable
Encryption Capable        : No
Encrypted                 : Not Applicable
Progress                  : Not Applicable
Mirror Set ID             : Not Applicable
Capacity                  : 0.00 GB (0 bytes)
Used RAID Disk Space      : 0.00 GB (0 bytes)
Available RAID Disk Space : Not Applicable
Hot Spare                 : Not Applicable
Vendor ID                 : DELL
Product ID                : MD3000
Serial No.                :
Part Number               : Not Available
Negotiated Speed          : 3.00 Gbps
Capable Speed             : 3.00 Gbps
Device Write Cache        : Not Applicable
Manufacture Day           : Not Available
Manufacture Week          : Not Available
Manufacture Year          : Not Available
SAS Address               : 50026B943E00BF04