[Linux-PowerEdge] 2950, perc 5/i and 4k sector disks

Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com
Fri Feb 8 12:52:12 CST 2013

4k Drives are not yet supported on Dell servers/controllers. You can use emulated drives, but there will be some performance impact while using these. Once the Dell starts supporting the 4K and 512E drives, you can expect the OS & Controllers to do the right thing and minimize (if not eliminate) the performance impact.

As per the drives >2TB in size, they are only supported with H700/x or H800 Controllers. Following link has more information about the same http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/w/wiki/2837.aspx

Thank you
Praveen K Paladugu
Dell Linux Engineering