[Linux-PowerEdge] recite.py syntax for setting iDRAC.Embedded.1#IPv4.1#DHCPEnable

sergei sergei25 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:39:09 CST 2013

Hi there

InstanceID BIOS.Setup.1-1:BootMode can be set with SetBIOSAttribute
Target=BIOS.Setup.1-1 AttributeName=BootMode AttributeValue=Bios

How do I get correct command to set InstanceID
iDRAC.Embedded.1#IPv4.1#DHCPEnable = Enabled ? "SetiDRACAttribute" or
"ApplyAttribute" requires same three parameters. I could not figure
out how to split InstanceID into Target and AttributeName. None of the
following works :

ApplyAttributes AttributeName=DHCPEnable AttributeValue=Enabled
Target=iDRAC.Embedded.1
SetiDRACAttribute Target=iDRAC.Embedded.1
AttributeName=#IPv4.1#DHCPEnable AttributeValue=Enabled
SetiDRACAttribute Target=iDRAC.Embedded.1 AttributeName=DHCPEnable
AttributeValue=Enabled
SetiDRACAttribute Target=iDRAC.Embedded.1#IPv4.1#
AttributeName=DHCPEnable AttributeValue=Enabled

Please help me out ?