[Linux-PowerEdge] Mirror OMSA repository

David.Harding at brighthouse.co.uk David.Harding at brighthouse.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 09:17:06 CST 2013

Jean-Marc, Mike (Hanby)

Thanks, both.
I have found that a combination of including both the System IDs (the
system.ven_0x1028.dev value) *and* the Hardware names (ie. per300 etc) in
the includes along with excluding the unnecessary architectures from the
community repository yields the smallest repository footprint.
What I don't really know, is, do I have everything I actually need? I
guess time will tell (unless anyone has a suggestion as to how to test
that out without actually installing any/everything?).

I have a question for each of you.
Mike. In your script; what, exactly, is the purpose/benefit of linking the
_tools/htaccess_repo_topdir and htaccess_tools files to .htaccess in the
appropriate directories, please?
Jean-Marc, in your script; what is the purpose/benefit of editing the
mirror server IP address into the mirrors_cgi script (into the serverName
variable), please?

Here below please find the rsync that I have settled on for the set of
servers:
  pe2950 (system.ven_0x1028.dev_0x01b2),
  per210 (system.ven_0x1028.dev_0x02a5),
  per300 (system.ven_0x1028.dev_0x020f),
  per410 (system.ven_0x1028.dev_0x028c),
  per510 (system.ven_0x1028.dev_0x02f1) and
  per720 (system.ven_0x1028.dev_0x048c)
on RHEL (actually Oracle Ent. Linux) 5, 64-bit
If anyone sees any issues with the selection, please let me know...(I
could squish up the excludes for all OMSA 6 versions, as per the exclude
of OMSA 5 versions..)

/usr/bin/rsync -azHv --delete-before --delete-excluded --stats --partial
--timeout=160 \
   --exclude /community/deb \
   --exclude community/el4* \
   --exclude community/sles* \
   --exclude community/el5-i386 \
   --exclude community/el6-i386 \
   --exclude /dists/ \
   --exclude /hardware/vcenter-plugin \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_5* \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.0.* \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.1 \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.2 \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.3 \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.4 \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.5 \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.5.1 \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.5.2 \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_6.5.3 \
   --exclude /hardware/OMSA_7.0 \
   --include *dev_0x01b2* \
   --include *dev_0x02a5* \
   --include *dev_0x020f* \
   --include *dev_0x028c* \
   --include *dev_0x02f1* \
   --include *dev_0x048c* \
   --include pe2950 \
   --include per210 \
   --include per300 \
   --include per410 \
   --include per510 \
   --include per720 \
   --include /hardware/latest \
   --exclude *ven_0x1028.dev_* \
   --exclude *ven_0x1028_dev_* \
   --exclude *suse* \
   --exclude *rh30* \
   --exclude *rh40* \
   --exclude *rh50 \
   --exclude *rh60 \
   --exclude "pe*" \
   --exclude "dx60*" \
   --exclude *beta* \
   --exclude *testing* \
   rsync://linux.dell.com/repo /srv/yum/dell

Cheers,
dave