[Linux-PowerEdge] recent omsa update removed 'storage' commands?!

Frank Reppin frank at undermydesk.org
Fri Oct 26 18:34:53 CDT 2012

Hi Jared,

On 27.10.2012 00:49, Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com wrote:
[...]
> I just tested the storage commands again and couldn't replicate any problems
> when starting from a fresh install of the previous OMSA 7.1 and upgrading
> to the latest packages that are published, although I did have to manually
> start all the daemons after the upgrade.
> (They also should automatically start if you choose to reboot the system
> instead.)
> I don't see a difference in /etc/opt/dell/srvadmin other than a one-line
> change in a comment, but my test also was without making any configuration
> changes before upgrading, and it's hard for me to test all cases.
> When you start the OMSA daemons with
> "/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/srvadmin-services.sh start", do you see any error
> messages on the console or in the syslog?
Thanks for coming back to me on this issue! =)

console is fine - but syslog reports:

Oct 27 01:20:01 viktor Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID:
2165  The RAID controller firmware and driver validation was not
performed. The configuration file cannot be opened.
/opt/dell/srvadmin//etc/srvadmin-storage/lsiver.cfg:  Controller 1 (PERC
H700 Integrated)
Oct 27 01:20:02 viktor Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID:
2334  Controller event log: Unexpected sense: Encl PD 20 Path
5e4ae02080153400, CDB: 1c 01 a0 00 04 00, Sense: 5/24/00:  Controller 1
(PERC H700 Integrated)
Oct 27 01:20:02 viktor Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID:
2334  Controller event log: Unexpected sense: Encl PD 20 Path
5e4ae02080153400, CDB: 1c 01 a0 00 04 00, Sense: 5/24/00:  Controller 1
(PERC H700 Integrated)

[this is when I use the now 'broken' configuration where storage
is missing in those ini files]

The previously existing symlink named 'etc' in /opt/dell/srvadmin
is gone as well after the upgrade (pointed to /etc/opt/dell/srvadmin).
(the symlink is still present in other working installations - not
yet upgraded to those recent packages)

What could've been altered those inifiles removing the 'storage'
sections - when it wasn't me?

Other than that there are no other problems related to autostarting
the services.

cheers,
frank\

--