[Linux-PowerEdge] recent omsa update removed 'storage' commands?!

Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com
Fri Oct 26 17:49:08 CDT 2012

Hi Frank,

I just tested the storage commands again and couldn't replicate any problems when starting from a fresh install of the previous OMSA 7.1 and upgrading to the latest packages that are published, although I did have to manually start all the daemons after the upgrade. (They also should automatically start if you choose to reboot the system instead.) I don't see a difference in /etc/opt/dell/srvadmin other than a one-line change in a comment, but my test also was without making any configuration changes before upgrading, and it's hard for me to test all cases. When you start the OMSA daemons with "/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/srvadmin-services.sh start", do you see any error messages on the console or in the syslog?

--Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Frank Reppin
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 4:40 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] recent omsa update removed 'storage' commands?!

Hi list,

this is:

Debian 6.0.6 Squeeze 64bit
DELL PE R510 / H710

using OMSA debs from (sources.list):

deb http://linux.dell.com/repo/community/deb/latest /

Recently (last night) 'aptitude' suggested to upgrade the following packages (output taken from aptitudes log):

[UPGRADE] srvadmin-deng 7.1.0-1 -> 7.1.0-2 [UPGRADE] srvadmin-hapi 7.1.0-1 -> 7.1.0-2 [UPGRADE] srvadmin-omacore 7.1.0-2 -> 7.1.0-4 [UPGRADE] srvadmin-omilcore 7.1.0-2 -> 7.1.0-2 [UPGRADE] srvadmin-racadm4 7.1.0-1 -> 7.1.0-2

and I've applied this update.

After doing so - the 'storage' command was no longer available in omreport. It instead keeps complaining:

Error! Invalid name=value pair: controller

When comparing

   /etc/opt/dell/srvadmin

on a not yet upgraded server with the same directory on the now 'broken' server it comes apparent that the storage section in

   srvadmin/openmanage/oma/ini/omcli32.ini
   srvadmin/openmanage/oma/ini/omcli64.ini

was obviously removed by someone - probably a packaging issue?

I'm attaching the whole diff between both /etc/opt/dell/srvadmin directories.

cheers,
frank\

--
43rd Law of Computing: