[Linux-PowerEdge] OM 7.1.0-4 Debian Repo srvadmin-tomcat doesn't install

Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com
Fri Oct 26 08:38:55 CDT 2012

It installs for me both on Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 12.04. Can you check if /etc/opt/dell/srvadmin/openmanage/iws/config is exists? It should not exist on a clean install but might on an upgrade. I'll add some checks for upgrades, but for clean installs, you should not be running into this problem at all.

--Jared
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Cyril LAVIER [clavier at veepee.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 4:57 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] OM 7.1.0-4 Debian Repo srvadmin-tomcat doesn't install

Same issue here.

I tried to upgrade using "apt-get dist-upgrade", and I have the exact same error.

The only way I succeded is very very dirty, I copied the OMPREF.jar and OMSA.jar files where the preinst-script thinks they are :
cp /opt/dell/srvadmin/lib/openmanage/apache-tomcat/webapps/omsa/WEB-INF/lib/OMPREF.jar /opt/dell/srvadmin/backup/
cp /opt/dell/srvadmin/lib/openmanage/apache-tomcat/webapps/omsa/WEB-INF/lib/OMSA.jar /opt/dell/srvadmin/backup/
cp /opt/dell/srvadmin/lib/openmanage/apache-tomcat/webapps/omsa/WEB-INF/lib/OMSA.jar /opt/dell/srvadmin/share/java/
cp /opt/dell/srvadmin/lib/openmanage/apache-tomcat/webapps/omsa/WEB-INF/lib/OMPREF.jar /opt/dell/srvadmin/share/java/

And I relaunched a "apt-get install srvadmin-tomcat".

Thanks.