[Linux-PowerEdge] Temperature sensors on Poweredge 2850

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:36:00 CDT 2012

Yes, just did :

yum install OpenIPMI\* ipmiutil --skip-broken
service ipmi start
ipmitool sdr

and saw all the fan speeds, temps, and other sensor readings on my 2850
(this box needs to be trashed soon :) ). Note you might want to have the
dell OMSA repo stuff setup because yum installed the Dell OpenIPMI
packages which has some Dell specific tweaks to ipmi.

HTH,
Sabuj