[Linux-PowerEdge] Question about LifeCycleController (LC) version 1 and 2 and recite.py

Ganesh_Viswanathan at Dell.com Ganesh_Viswanathan at Dell.com
Wed Oct 10 11:39:08 CDT 2012

Hello Bas,
The Lifecycle Controller Best Practices Guide section 1.5 mentions how to find out the exact profile version implemented on a remote system. Once this version is known, it can be used to figure out the methods available by checking the profile document which is available on Dell TechCenter.

Best Practices Guide: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20066173.aspx
Profiles: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/1906.dcim-library-profile.aspx

Differences between 11G and 12G are also available: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20066195.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Ganesh Viswanathan
(512) 394-3550

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Bas van der Vlies
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:17 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] Question about LifeCycleController (LC) version 1 and 2 and recite.py

We want to port more of our scripts to recite.py, but it is not always clear which recite functions are available which version of he LC. I have foubd a document which describes that some function are not yet implemented in LC version 1, eg:
  * GetEventFilterViews

My question is will there be more functions that are only available in LC version 2 be ported to LC version 1?

regards