[Linux-PowerEdge] Disable Lifecycle Controller using script, maybe syscfg?

Chris_Poblete at Dell.com Chris_Poblete at Dell.com
Mon Oct 1 18:03:39 CDT 2012

There are ways to turn it off and will depend whether your systems have iDRAC or just BMC.  Do all of your R210 and R320 come with iDRAC?

Thanks,
<Chris Poblete

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Claus.Vetter at gmx-topmail.de
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 3:34 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] Disable Lifecycle Controller using script, maybe syscfg?

Hi Chris,

back then with the R210 it did not happen like you wrote, the user was trapped in an endless loop. I have not checked again on the R320.

But I am really looking for a way to disable the Lifecycle Controller using a script.

Does someone know which vendor bytes to send via ipmitool in order to turn it off? Or can syscfg get extended to support this?

Thanks
 Claus