[Linux-PowerEdge] omsa7.1 and md520 ?

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Tue Nov 27 14:29:56 CST 2012


Sorry, for troubeling ...

Ok, after a fresh installation of OS,

i've got the OEM-Strings  :-)

bird070] ~ # /usr/sbin/smbios-sys-info-lite
Libsmbios:    2.2.27
System ID:    0x04DC
Service Tag:  9QSBG5J
Express Service Code: 21210724999
Error getting the Aset Tag:  unknown error
Product Name: PowerEdge M520
BIOS Version: 1.3.5
Vendor:       Dell Inc.
Is Dell:      1
OEM String 1: Dell System
OEM String 2: 5[0000]

cheers,
 	martin










On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, martin.flemming at desy.de wrote:

>
>
> Hi !
>
> What's going wromng with  omsa-7.1 installation on a MD520
>
> MD520 shoud be supported by omsa-7.1, shouldn't it ?
>
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/smsom/7.1/en/peosom/Support_matrix.pdf
>
>
> [bird070] ~ # dmidecode |grep Product
>         Product Name: PowerEdge M520
>         Product Name: 0W8TY0
>         Product Name:
>
> bird070] ~ # omreport about
>
> Product name : Dell OpenManage Server Administrator
> Version      : 7.1.0
> Copyright    : Copyright (C) Dell Inc. 1995-2012 All rights reserved.
> Company      : Dell Inc.
>
> [bird070] ~ #
>
> [bird070] ~ # /etc/init.d/srvadmin-services.sh start
> Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
> Starting dell_rbu:[  OK  ]
> Starting ipmi driver: Already started[  OK  ]
> Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
> Failed to start because system is not supported
> dsm_om_shrsvc: DSM SA Shared Services cannot start on an unsupported system.
> See the Dell Systems Software Support Matrix for a list of supported systems.
> Starting DSM SA Connection Service:
>
>
> [bird070] ~ # /usr/sbin/smbios-sys-info-lite
> Libsmbios:    2.2.26
> System ID:    0x04DC
> Service Tag:  9QSBG5J
> Express Service Code: 21210724999
> Error getting the Aset Tag:  unknown error
> Product Name: PowerEdge M520
> BIOS Version: 1.3.5
> Vendor:       Dell Inc.
> Is Dell:      1
> [bird070] ~ #
>
>
> It seems to be missng the OEM-output
>
> [bird070] ~ # sh  -x  /etc/rc.d/init.d/dsm_om_shrsvc start .
> .
> .
>
>  CheckForOverride
> + '[' '!' -f /opt/dell/srvadmin/lib64/openmanage/IGNORE_GENERATION ']'
> + '[' '' '!=' 1 ']'
> + return 1
> + '[' '!' -x /usr/sbin/smbios-sys-info-lite ']'
> + IsDELLSystem
> + /usr/sbin/smbios-sys-info-lite
> + grep 'OEM String 1'
> + awk -F: '{print $2}'
> + grep -qi Dell
> + '[' 1 = 0 ']'
> + return 1
> + return 1
> + RETVAL=1
> + '[' 1 '!=' 0 ']'
> + logger -t dsm_om_shrsvc -s 'DSM SA Shared Services cannot start on an
> unsupported system. See the Dell Systems Software Support Matrix for a list of
> supported systems.'
> dsm_om_shrsvc: DSM SA Shared Services cannot start on an unsupported system.
> See the Dell Systems Software Support Matrix for a list of supported systems.
> + return 1
> + exit 1
>
>
> Any hints, what's going wrong, or it's a bug ?
>
>
> thanks & cheers
>
>        Martin
>
> _______________________________________________
> Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
> Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com
> https://lists.us.dell.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-poweredge
>

Gruss

        Martin Flemming


______________________________________________________
Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de
______________________________________________________



More information about the Linux-PowerEdge mailing list