[Linux-PowerEdge] Not sure what's happening

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 10:46:25 CST 2012

> updated or maintained and is there for archival purposes only. Does this
> mean that the firmware for linux systems is on some other site? Or, even
> though I see that message, can I still get the linux firmware from the site
> I mentioned above? Are the firmware given there still good? My laptop is an
> old inspiron from 2006.

Firmware are matched with hardware and I doubt dell is still updating
firmware for an old inspiron from 2006. If the linux.dell.com website
has the versions you need then you can still use it. There are several
methods of updating windows .exe firmware/bios updates in linux/ubuntu
given here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DellBIOS