[Linux-PowerEdge] Not sure what's happening

Jyothish Vidyadharan jyothishv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 06:25:52 CST 2012

Hello,

    That website you gave has windows versions of the firmware. I was
looking for versions of the firmware for linux systems(more specifically
ubuntu). They used to be available from
http://linux.dell.com/repo/firmware/. But, now when I visit that site,
I see a message that the firmware
repository is obsolete. It says that the repository is no longer actively
updated or maintained and is there for archival purposes only. Does this
mean that the firmware for linux systems is on some other site? Or, even
though I see that message, can I still get the linux firmware from the site
I mentioned above? Are the firmware given there still good? My laptop is an
old inspiron from 2006.