[Linux-PowerEdge] MD3200 + MD 1200 on Ubuntu

Stuart Meacham sm766 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 08:07:12 CST 2012

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any success configuring and running an MD3200 Storage
Array with at least one MD1200 expansion enclosure on a recent flavour
of Ubuntu (I have 12.10 but am flexible)?. My attempt to install the
PowerVault Modular Disk Storage Manager failed at the first hurdle
(successfully unpacked the JVM to /tmp but then couldn't find/execute
the resultant files). A look around the web shows convoluted repackaging
of the supplied RPMs into .deb files, which strikes me as a PITA to
support going forward, or installing the client software on a supported
distro, configuring the array and then switching to Ubuntu, also deeply
unsatisfactory.

Any thoughts/comments gratefully received.

Thanks

Stuart