[Linux-PowerEdge] DTK syscfg bootseq enable/disable boot options

Kumar_Prashant at Dell.com Kumar_Prashant at Dell.com
Tue Nov 20 21:36:58 CST 2012

Hi Lloyd,

Can you please let me know which version of DTK you are using?

This issue got fixed in DTK4.1 so that you can enable and disable the devices as well as you can change the sequence using Syscfg in bootseq.

To enable any device using Syscfg you need to provide that device in the command line and it will enable only that device which means that if you provide all the device then it will enable all the device otherwise only that particular device.

Syntax of command
------------------------
Syscfg --bootseq= nic.emb.1, usbfloppy.slot.1, usbcdrom.slot.1

Thanks,
Prashant

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Lloyd Brown
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:23 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] DTK syscfg bootseq enable/disable boot options

Does anyone know if the Dell DTK 'syscfg' tool can enable and disable specific boot options?  I know I can affect the order with the "--bootseq" parameter, but I can't enable or disable specific ones as far as I can tell.

For example, on one server, I get this output:

> # /opt/dell/toolkit/bin/syscfg --bootseq The following devices are set
> in the boot sequence:
> Device 1:* usbfloppy.slot.1 - USB Floppy device (not installed) Device
> 2:* usbcdrom.slot.1 - USB CD-ROM device (not installed) Device 4:*
> nic.emb.1 - MBA v6.0.11  Slot 0100 Device 3:* hdd.emb.0 - Hard drive
> C:

On another server I have this:

> # /opt/dell/toolkit/bin/syscfg --bootseq The following devices are set
> in the boot sequence:
> Device 1:* usbfloppy.slot.1 - USB Floppy device (not installed) Device
> 2:* usbcdrom.slot.1 - USB CD-ROM device (not installed) Device 4:
> nic.emb.1 - MBA v6.0.11  Slot 0100 Device 3:* hdd.emb.0 - Hard drive
> C:

Now, I don't know how the "nic.emb.1" got disables on this server, but I'd like to turn it back on using some kind of CLI tool like syscfg.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Lloyd Brown