[Linux-PowerEdge] DTK syscfg bootseq enable/disable boot options

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Tue Nov 20 15:52:46 CST 2012

Does anyone know if the Dell DTK 'syscfg' tool can enable and disable
specific boot options?  I know I can affect the order with the
"--bootseq" parameter, but I can't enable or disable specific ones as
far as I can tell.

For example, on one server, I get this output:

> # /opt/dell/toolkit/bin/syscfg --bootseq
> The following devices are set in the boot sequence:
> Device 1:* usbfloppy.slot.1 - USB Floppy device (not installed)
> Device 2:* usbcdrom.slot.1 - USB CD-ROM device (not installed)
> Device 4:* nic.emb.1 - MBA v6.0.11  Slot 0100
> Device 3:* hdd.emb.0 - Hard drive C:

On another server I have this:

> # /opt/dell/toolkit/bin/syscfg --bootseq
> The following devices are set in the boot sequence:
> Device 1:* usbfloppy.slot.1 - USB Floppy device (not installed)
> Device 2:* usbcdrom.slot.1 - USB CD-ROM device (not installed)
> Device 4: nic.emb.1 - MBA v6.0.11  Slot 0100
> Device 3:* hdd.emb.0 - Hard drive C:

Now, I don't know how the "nic.emb.1" got disables on this server, but
I'd like to turn it back on using some kind of CLI tool like syscfg.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Lloyd Brown