[Linux-PowerEdge] set bootdevice-order on PEM520

Shine_KA at Dell.com Shine_KA at Dell.com
Tue Nov 13 05:55:55 CST 2012

Sorry. Third step which I mentioned was wrong. Below is the correct one.

1.       Initially BIOS Boot Sequence does not have "Hard Drive C:" as first device

2.       Using Racadm set Boot Order to HDD (racadm -r <iDRAC IP> -u <username> -p <password> config -g cfgServerInfo -o cfgServerFirstBootDevice HDD)

3.       Using Racadm disable Boot Once (racadm -r <iDRAC IP> -u <username> -p <password> config -g cfgServerInfo -o cfgServerBootOnce 0)

4.        Reboot the server. Now Server Boot to "Hard Drive C:" and if we check BIOS Boot Order "Hard Drive C:" should be moved to first in the Boot Sequence.

For iDRAC7 we need to use OM 7.0 or higher. So perform above test using remote racadm from OM 7.1 machine

Thanks & Regards

Shine K A

Product Group

Dell | Bangalore Development Center