[Linux-PowerEdge] set bootdevice-order on PEM520

Shine_KA at Dell.com Shine_KA at Dell.com
Mon Nov 12 02:48:10 CST 2012

Martin,

                We tried the same in our LAB and it is working properly.

Can you provide below details

1.       What storage controller is used on the server?

2.       Can you try manually booting to "Hard Drive C:" (While booting you can press F11 and select "BIOS Boot Menu" then "Hard Drive C:") and see whether system is booting to HDD.

3.       What is the racadm version used (You can run the command "racadm version" for this)

Below are the step we followed while checking the issue in our LAB. Let me know if you are trying anything different.

1.       Initially BIOS Boot Sequence does not have "Hard Drive C:" as first device

2.       Using Racadm set Boot Order to HDD (racadm -r <iDRAC IP> -u <username> -p <password> config -g cfgServerInfo -o cfgServerFirstBootDevice HDD)

3.       Using Racadm disable Boot Once (racadm -r <iDRAC IP> -u <username> -p <password> config -g cfgServerInfo -o cfgServerFirstBootDevice 0)

4.        Reboot the server. Now Server Boot to "Hard Drive C:" and if we check BIOS Boot Order "Hard Drive C:" should be moved to first in the Boot Sequence.

Thanks & Regards

Shine K A

Product Group

Dell | Bangalore Development Center