[Linux-PowerEdge] LC remote changing from raid1 to raid0

martin.flemming at desy.de martin.flemming at desy.de
Fri Nov 9 03:36:39 CST 2012

Hi !

I've got 50 M520 server which are delivered with raid1,
but we want to change the raid-configuration to raid0 because they are
only batch-machines an we need fast scratch ...

So what's the best practise to change the raid-configuration remotely ?

.. thinking it's the way with  the LifeCyclecontroller, isn't it ?

I've found the wiki-side

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/1981.scripting-the-dell-lifecycle-controller.aspx

My first try was to use

RAID Attributes push pull 	Python and Shell scripts to inventory
(pull) and configure (push) RAID attributes using WSMan.

wsmanclipy, sh

flemming@:/scratch/flemming/lc2/raid $ ./pullRAID.sh
IP address (ENTER for default: ) ? XXXXXX
User name (ENTER for default: ) ? XXXXX
User password (ENTER for default: ) ? XXXX

  Building the Order Attributes Template File...

  Getting the Attributes ....
pullraid.py:197: DeprecationWarning: os.popen3 is deprecated.  Use the
subprocess module.
   (fin, fout, ferr) = os.popen3(command, "t")
  Creating the .ini file ....
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "pullraid.py", line 244, in <module>
     CNARunner(idracIp, idracUser, idracPass, attrSet)
   File "pullraid.py", line 54, in __init__
     self.run()
   File "pullraid.py", line 90, in run
     self.buildIni(self.idracIp, self.settings, orderAttr)
   File "pullraid.py", line 137, in buildIni
     if vallist[j].hasChildNodes() == True:
IndexError: list index out of range
flemming at ip-console3:/scratch/flemming/lc2/raid $

...  what means the error-messages above ?

I've got these files
XXXX_raid.ini
XXXX_raid.log
XXXX_raidorder.xml

.. thinking that i can't change my raid-configuration with these scripts, can i ?

After that i switch to the scriptcollection
linux_lc1_5_scripts_2011_09_8_v1_2.zip

.. specialy

16_RAID_Storage_Management

... got somebody an quick advice, how i delete my virtual disk(raid1) an
create a new one with raid0 ?

thanks & cheers

        Martin