[Linux-PowerEdge] M620: Internal CPU error (CPU2) since BIOS 1.3.6

Chris_Poblete at Dell.com Chris_Poblete at Dell.com
Wed Nov 7 17:28:38 CST 2012

Hi Stephan,

Do you mind sharing a dump of the SEL log of the system in question?  This may help to uncover the problem.

Thanks,
<Chris Poblete

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Stephan Seitz
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:39 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] M620: Internal CPU error (CPU2) since BIOS 1.3.6

Hi!

Our G12 blades PE M620 got a BIOS update to version 1.3.6 (together with an iDRAC BIOS update).

While this worked without problems we installed new operating systems (SuSE SLES11 SP2) with Clonezilla. After this each system showed the orange LED (CPU2: IERR). I cleaned the logs and everything went „blue”
again. The systems are all working without problems, but if I look into the warning protocol with OMSA I always see the following error after
reboot:

1604	Tue Nov 6 16:35:31 2012	Instrumentation Service	Processor sensor
	detected a failure value Sensor location: CPU2 Chassis location:
	Main System Chassis Previous state was: Unknown Processor sensor
	status: Presence detected, IERR

Since the problem happened after the BIOS update I would like to know if other people have the same problem and if it is known to Dell.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse at fsing.rootsland.net |