[Linux-PowerEdge] set bootdevice-order on PEM520

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Wed Nov 7 14:47:13 CST 2012

Hi, Shine !

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, Shine_KA at Dell.com wrote:

> 	Can you let me know the version of DRACT Tools (Remote Racadm) installed on the remote machine?

flemming at ip-console3:~ $ /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -r tcx2a5-ilo -u XXX -p XXXX getversion

/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm: Zeile 13: printf:  0xError: invalid hex number
Security Alert: Certificate is invalid - self signed certificate
Continuing execution. Use -S option for racadm to stop execution on certificate-related errors.

  Bios Version             = 1.3.5

  iDRAC Version            = 1.23.23

  USC Version              = 1.0.8.42

> Can you also try setting the same object (cfgServerFirstBootDevice) using SSH.

Hmm, couldn't find the right option :-(

admin1-> version
SM CLP Version: 1.0.2
SM ME Addressing Version: 1.0.0b
/admin1-> show -all /system1

Any help ?

> 	Using iDRAC we can set system to boot once or boot permanently to the selected device.

> If the requirement is to permanently boot to HDD, then make sure
> "cfgServerBootOnce" object is set to "0" using racadm.

Status A:

flemming at ip-console3:~ $ /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -r tcx2a6-ilo -u XXX -p XXX getconfig -g cfgServerInfo
cfgServerBootOnce=1
cfgServerFirstBootDevice=No-Override

flemming at ip-console3:~ $ /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -r tcx2a6-ilo -u XXX -p XXX config -g cfgServerInfo -o cfgServerFirstBootDevice HDD
Object value modified successfully

Status B:
>>> Should boot by disk !
flemming at ip-console3:~ $ /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -r tcx2a6-ilo -u XXX -p XXX getconfig -g cfgServerInfo
cfgServerBootOnce=1
cfgServerFirstBootDevice=HDD

NO, the machine is booting pxe ?!?!

flemming at ip-console3:~ $ /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -r tcx2a6-ilo -u root -p calvin config -g cfgServerInfo -o cfgServerBootOnce 0
Object value modified successfully

flemming at ip-console3:~ $ /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -r tcx2a6-ilo -u root -p calvin getconfig -g cfgServerInfo
cfgServerBootOnce=0
cfgServerFirstBootDevice=HDD

Going via gui into the BIOS i see the disk on last postion of the boot-sequence

BOOT MODE BIOS
Boot Sequence Permanienten Device USB FLoppy
             Permanten Device Device  CD
             Embedded NIC 1
              Hard Drice

  Boot Option Enable/Disbale