[Linux-PowerEdge] Remote Perc 6/i Firmware upgrade on R610 with ESXi 5

Hank heskin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:10:19 CST 2012

Just to update everyone, I was able to download and run Repository
Manager and create my own custom bundle with updates for IOS, RAID,
USC, LCE, and iDRAC.

My first attempt at creating a bootable ISO on my primary WinXP
machine failed with an "Unknown" error (digging in the logs, it was
something related to:

                        Signature verification failed for plugin file
\Local Settings\Application
Data\RepositoryManager\Payloads\SUU_710.cab with error :
                         Not enough storage is available to process
this command.

So I ran RM on my backup WinXP and was able to create a custom bundle
of DUPs into a bootable ISO without error, which I then mounted via
iDRAC Virtual CD.

It took several reboots and lots and lots of waiting, but eventually
my server was able to apply all updates to current versions. I did not
do a "staged" update, I went directly from old firmware versions to
new.

I now have a different problem I was hoping the firmware updates would
fix, but they have not.  I'll post about this in a new thread.

-Hank