[Linux-PowerEdge] Manage Dell Linux repositories with RHN Satellite, Spacewalk & SUSE Manager

Parish, Eric Eric.Parish at Suddenlink.com
Tue Nov 6 14:10:09 CST 2012

>If you use the Dell Linux yum repositories, this might interest you:

>http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2012/10/26/manage-dell-linux-repositories-with-rhn-satellite-spacewalk-amp-suse->manager.aspx<http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2012/10/26/manage-dell-linux-repositories-with-rhn-satellite-spacewalk-amp-suse-%3emanager.aspx>

This is interesting, but it seems easier to use satellite by yum syncing to the platform_independent yum repo.

The only advantage I see to this method is managing the system-specific repos.

Is there anything useful in these repos? All of the firmware updates are in the platform_independent one.

-EP

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.