[Linux-PowerEdge] aletaction + email in 7.1.0

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 09:02:58 CST 2012

hi everybody

all the events in my omsa are meant to invoke a simple
script, namely

#!/bin/sh

host="myhost"
email"my at email"

echo "$(/opt/dell/srvadmin/bin/omreport | 2> /dev/null |
egrep "^S" -A 5|head -n 5)" | mail -s "!! OM ALERT - $host"
$email

#end of script

simple right, yet I don't get everything emailed

eg with simple math, cleared my alertlog, rebooted system to
get everything again in log
I can see clearly not everything is being sent, simply put
even number of alerts in the log does not correspond to
number of emails

it's not the mail service and I don't think it's the script
itself (I think it all worked in 6.5.x)

any suggestions, thoughts as to what might be wrong there
are appreciated very much

cheers