[Linux-PowerEdge] Remote Perc 6/i Firmware upgrade on R610 with ESXi 5

Hank heskin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 21:39:31 CST 2012

Hi Chris,

 Thanks for your help.  Here are the current versions:

BIOS 1.2.6
iDRAC config utility 1.33
UEFI 2.1
USC 1.2.0.41 (wants to upgrade to 1.5.5.27)
iDRAC  firmware revision  1.20.01

I rebooted the server and re-ran USC to update just iDRAC and USC.
After about a minute the server rebooted itself, and now I can't get
into the USC using F10. I get the following message: "System Services
Not Available" and the server boots normally to ESXi. Nothing I can do
will bring up USC again to update the rest of the firmware components.
 Any suggestions on how to get USC back?

Many thanks,

-Hank