[Linux-PowerEdge] Remote Perc 6/i Firmware upgrade on R610 with ESXi 5

Chris_Poblete at Dell.com Chris_Poblete at Dell.com
Mon Nov 5 19:48:15 CST 2012

It is likely hung. Can you tell me the firmware versions of:
1. BIOS
2. iDRAC
3. LifecycleController or USC

Thanks,
<Chris Poblete

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Hank
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 4:45 PM
To: Poblete, Chris
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Remote Perc 6/i Firmware upgrade on R610 with ESXi 5

Thanks Chris,

  That looks extremely complicated (the  WSMAN, CIM method).  I googled around and found info for the Unfied Server Configurator which
is available on my machine by hitting F10 during bootup.   This seemed
like a much more simple method.

I set up the network config in the USC, and then it listed about 8 necessary firmware updates, and I clicked "Apply".

It's been sitting at the "Please Wait" message box for about an hour
now.   Is it hung, or actually doing something?  How long do I let it
sit there before trying to reboot the machine?

Thanks

-Hank