[Linux-PowerEdge] Remote Perc 6/i Firmware upgrade on R610 with ESXi 5

Hank heskin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:45:13 CST 2012

Thanks Chris,

  That looks extremely complicated (the  WSMAN, CIM method).  I
googled around and found info for the Unfied Server Configurator which
is available on my machine by hitting F10 during bootup.   This seemed
like a much more simple method.

I set up the network config in the USC, and then it listed about 8
necessary firmware updates, and I clicked "Apply".

It's been sitting at the "Please Wait" message box for about an hour
now.   Is it hung, or actually doing something?  How long do I let it
sit there before trying to reboot the machine?

Thanks

-Hank