[Linux-PowerEdge] set bootdevice-order on PEM520

Shine_KA at Dell.com Shine_KA at Dell.com
Sun Nov 4 01:31:42 CST 2012

Martin,
	Can you let me know the version of DRACT Tools (Remote Racadm) installed on the remote machine? Can you also try setting the same object (cfgServerFirstBootDevice) using SSH.

	Using iDRAC we can set system to boot once or boot permanently to the selected device. If the requirement is to permanently boot to HDD, then make sure "cfgServerBootOnce" object is set to "0" using racadm. After doing this setting can you reboot the server and manually check whether HDD is becoming first device in BIOS Boot Order?

Thanks & Regards
Shine

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Flemming
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 6:37 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] set bootdevice-order on PEM520

Hi !

I've got the problem to set the  constantly boot-device-order on PowerEdge M520

I want to have the disk as first boot-device

but with

ipmitool -I lan -U XXXX -P XXXXX -H pem520-ilo chassis bootdev disk Set Boot Device to disk

also

racadm -r hostname-ilo -u root -p calvin config -g cfgServerInfo -o cfgServerFirstBootDevice HDD

/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm -r 192.168.24.70 -u root -p calvin config -g cfgServerInfo -o cfgServerFirstBootDevice HDD
/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm: line 13: printf: 0xError: invalid hex number Security Alert: Certificate is invalid - self signed certificate Continuing execution. Use -S option for racadm to stop execution on certificate-related errors.
Object value modified successfully

there is no success ... the machine boot with pxe :-(

Any hints ?

thanks & cheers

         martin

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de