[Linux-PowerEdge] Can I hot swap a PERC 5/i battery?

Jens Dueholm Christensen JEDC at r-m.com
Fri Nov 2 03:47:41 CDT 2012

A reboot is required for the controller to notice the new battery.

However I managed - probably NOT a reccomended action - to swap a defective battery while the system was still running and scheduled the reboot for a later time.

Just to spare me a trip to the datacenter at an odd hour.

Regards,
Jens Dueholm Christensen
Survey IT