bmc ipmi error messages on c6100

John Alberts john.m.alberts at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 11:24:23 CDT 2012

Hi.  We have a bunch of c6100 servers and I notice that all of them
show this in the syslog.

Mar 26 22:04:24 dc02vh0048na kernel: IPMI message handler: BMC
returned incorrect response, expected netfn 2d cmd 0, got netfn 7 cmd
45
Mar 26 22:04:24 dc02vh0048na kernel: IPMI message handler: BMC
returned incorrect response, expected netfn 7 cmd 47, got netfn 2d cmd
0
Mar 26 22:04:24 dc02vh0048na kernel: IPMI message handler: BMC
returned incorrect response, expected netfn 2d cmd 0, got netfn 7 cmd
47
Mar 26 22:04:24 dc02vh0048na kernel: IPMI message handler: BMC
returned incorrect response, expected netfn 7 cmd 44, got netfn 2d cmd
0

Does anyone know what this message means and if it's something I
should be worried about?  Also, we've been having random problems with
the ipmi_si kernel module hanging when loading and it won't load until
the server is rebooted.

Thanks
John