Obtain all LOM mac addresses on iDRAC-less R510?

Ryan Cox ryan_cox at byu.edu
Thu Mar 29 09:29:57 CDT 2012

ipmi-oem from a recent release of freeipmi might work.  Be sure to
download it from the website instead of through your distro's package
manager.
ipmi-oem -h host -u user -p password dell get-system-info mac-addresses

I also saw that a Dell employee recently sent a few patches to
ipmitool's mailing list (about three days ago) including dealing with
MAC addresses, so you may be able to get it off of CVS.

If those don't work, there are some raw IPMI commands you can run to
figure it out (I can help with that).  If the data is available with raw
commands, it's very easy to get that added to ipmi-oem.  If the data
isn't available, Dell needs to fix something.

Ryan Cox

On 03/29/2012 01:03 AM, Richard Chan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you folks suggest a fool-proof method to obtain all LOM mac
> addresses in a pre-OS environment with iDRAC-less servers?
>
> ipmitool   -H host -U user -P password delloem mac
>
> works on an 11G / R810 (iDRAC6 Enterprise)
> but not iDRAC-less 11G / R510 (with 1.70 BMC firmware).
>
> Any suggestions welcome - tks.
> E.g., Is there some obscure IPMI/BMC command that inventories LOM mac
> addresses?

Ryan Cox
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab