Debian Wheezy and OMSA 6.5.0-1

Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com
Wed Mar 28 10:36:40 CDT 2012

The H700 uses a different chipset (SAS1068E). I haven’t checked with an H700 and 3.0+ kernel, but an H700 with a 2.6 kernel worked fine for me. (Note that, if you’re using Debian Squeeze, you’ll most likely need a newer megaraid_sas driver [1].) If you’re using a 3.0+ kernel and OMSA 6.5, you may need to use the uname26 workaround.

The next version of OMSA will handle 3.0+ kernels just fine.

[1] http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2012-February/045893.html

--Jared

From: Alessandro Faglia [mailto:alessandro.faglia at serioplast.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:12 PM
To: Dominguez, Jared
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Debian Wheezy and OMSA 6.5.0-1

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM, <Jared_Dominguez at dell.com<mailto:Jared_Dominguez at dell.com>> wrote:
I see the same ACPI error lines from dmesg on my system with an H200, so I think it's noise or at least unrelated.

Alessandro: lsiutil will not see the H200 [1], so you will need to use the sas2ircu utility instead if you want to use an LSI tool. This is also available from hwraid.le-vert.net<http://hwraid.le-vert.net>, although I don't know if or when it will ever be directly available from LSI. If you can, install the sas2ircu package and run `sas2ircu list`. Let us know what the output is.

Just a last question. What about H700 controller? Will I have same problems or is it based on a complete different chipset and it's going to work with Debian testing (amd64) and latest OMSA?

Thanks.
Alessandro