Debian Wheezy and OMSA 6.5.0-1

Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com
Tue Mar 27 13:57:53 CDT 2012

Oh, yes. If you’re not using the uname26 wrapper as previously described in this thread, you will have trouble seeing the H200 when using OMSA 6.5 and a 3.0+ Linux kernel.

--Jared

From: Alessandro Faglia [mailto:alessandro.faglia at serioplast.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:55 PM
To: Dominguez, Jared
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Debian Wheezy and OMSA 6.5.0-1

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM, <Jared_Dominguez at dell.com<mailto:Jared_Dominguez at dell.com>> wrote:
I see the same ACPI error lines from dmesg on my system with an H200, so I think it's noise or at least unrelated.

Alessandro: lsiutil will not see the H200 [1], so you will need to use the sas2ircu utility instead if you want to use an LSI tool. This is also available from hwraid.le-vert.net<http://hwraid.le-vert.net>, although I don't know if or when it will ever be directly available from LSI. If you can, install the sas2ircu package and run `sas2ircu list`. Let us know what the output is.

Bingo!

# sas2ircu-status
-- Controller informations --
-- ID | Model
c0 | SAS2008

-- Arrays informations --
-- ID | Type | Size | Status
c0u0 | RAID1 | 476G | Okay (OKY)

-- Disks informations
-- ID | Model | Status
c0u0p0 | WDC WD5003ABYX-1 (WDWMAYP2771069) | Optimal (OPT)
c0u0p1 | WDC WD5003ABYX-1 (WDWMAYP2801914) | Optimal (OPT)

# sas2ircu list
LSI Corporation SAS2 IR Configuration Utility.
Version 5.00.00.00 (2010.02.09)
Copyright (c) 2009 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved.

         Adapter      Vendor  Device                       SubSys  SubSys
 Index    Type          ID      ID    Pci Address          Ven ID  Dev ID
   0     SAS2008     1000h    72h   00h:05h:00h:00h      1028h   1f1dh
SAS2IRCU: Utility Completed Successfully.

Now I'm wondering why OMSA cannot see such controller. Perhaps I have to follow an advise I read in the thread, by using some wrappers. Else I have to develop some kind of script that is going to scan the output for problematic words and report via cron.

Thanks to everybody for your help.
Alessandro