Debian Wheezy and OMSA 6.5.0-1

Alessandro Faglia alessandro.faglia at serioplast.com
Tue Mar 27 05:26:56 CDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Mike Brodbelt <mike at last.fm> wrote:

> FWIW, we have OMSA 6.5.0-1 working on a lot of systems with Debian
> Squeeze and various kernels (but mostly 2.6.32-5-amd64). We find OMSA
> valuable in that it provides data for monitoring (we use
> check_openmanage with Nagios), and allows configuration of BIOS options
> and similar. However, for RAID monitoring and management, we mostly use
> MegaCli/megasasctl, rather than the OMSA provided stuff.

I tried to install such tools, by adding this source to my list:
deb http://hwraid.le-vert.net/debian wheezy main

Now if I issue
# megaclisas-status

I get
-- Controller informations --
-- ID | Model

-- Arrays informations --
-- ID | Type | Size | Status | InProgress

-- Disks informations
-- ID | Model | Status

Definitely I'm not a lucky guy ;) I'll try to hack around this piece of
software.

Alessandro