Debian Wheezy and OMSA 6.5.0-1

Mike Brodbelt mike at last.fm
Mon Mar 26 11:41:23 CDT 2012

On 26/03/12 17:25, Alessandro Faglia wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Oleksiy Kovyrin<alexey at kovyrin.net>  wrote:
>
>> 2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.x86_64 (centos/rhel 6 latest kernel)
>>

> So the issue is not related to kernel version 3... I hope some guru at dell
> can help us.
>
> Did somebody else succeed in having OMSA 6.5 working under such
> kernels/distros?

FWIW, we have OMSA 6.5.0-1 working on a lot of systems with Debian
Squeeze and various kernels (but mostly 2.6.32-5-amd64). We find OMSA
valuable in that it provides data for monitoring (we use
check_openmanage with Nagios), and allows configuration of BIOS options
and similar. However, for RAID monitoring and management, we mostly use
MegaCli/megasasctl, rather than the OMSA provided stuff.

Mike