C6100 BIOS setting from userspace

Harvey, M J m.j.harvey at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 12:46:53 CDT 2012

Hi,

Hopefully the Poweredge list is also the right place to ask about DCS systems- apologies if not.

I've a bunch of C6100s that I would dearly love to enable C-states on, but  the omconfig biossetup tool appears not to
support these units.
The best I've got from tech support is that "it can be set via IPMI", but have drawn a blank on getting actual instructions on how to do this.

Does anyone know how  to set the BIOS C-states (and other) settings from Linux userspace?

Cheers,

Matt