Degraded Enclosure and now RAID problems

Steff steff at steff.name
Fri Mar 16 06:41:32 CDT 2012

On 16 March 2012 11:16, Edward Ashley <ned at conveylaw.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thank you very much for both of your help. I removed the drive and re inserted and the raid array rebuilt and everything looks good again. The only problem now is that I still have this error:
>
> Enclosure 0:1:0 [Backplane] on controller 0 is Degraded
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do with this? Can I replace a backplane?

You can, in fact I believe $orkplace has just done so on a 2950. The
first google hit for "Enclosure 0:1:0 [Backplane] on controller 0 is
Degraded" implies that this may be to do with firmware versions
though. You might also want to find out what openreport command the
openmanage check is getting its information from and see if that has
any more details.