Degraded Enclosure and now RAID problems

Edward Ashley ned at conveylaw.com
Tue Mar 13 11:47:25 CDT 2012

Hi,
With one of the Poweredge 2950 servers here I am getting this error from
the nagios openmanage plugin:

Physical Disk 1:0:4 [Dell ST3300555SS, 300GB] on ctrl 0 needs attention:
Foreignbr/Logical Drive /dev/sdb [RAID-5, 836.63 GB] needs attention:
Degradedbr/Enclosure 0:1:0 [Backplane] on controller 0 is Degraded

When looking through open manage it doesn't give me much information just a
lot of yellow triangle symbols and when looking at the Physical Disk
properties what is worrying is this:

Capacity278.88GBUsed RAID Disk Space0.00GBAvailable RAID Disk Space278.88GB

Does anyone have any experience of this and what can be done about it?
Thanks
Ned

Edward Ashley

Telephone: 01633 261203
Email: ned at conveylaw.com

REVOLUTIONARY CONVEYANCING
Maxwell Chambers, 34-38 Stow Hill,Newport, South Wales, NP20 1JE
Telephone: 01633 22 33 44 Facsimile: 01633 261 261 Web: www.conveylaw.com
This e-mail and the information it contains (including any attachments) may be privileged and/or confidential. It is for the intended addressee(s) only. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information it contains (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this communication in error please contact the sender or delete the message.
Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of the e-mail transmission. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.
Registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number: 5306377
Directors: A full list of directors and licensed conveyancers are available upon request.