Dell OpenManage on Ubuntu 11.10 with Dell 2900 and Perc5/i

Hannes De Bondt hannes at netlog.com
Mon Mar 12 09:39:30 CDT 2012

Hi All,

the workaround worked like a charm but I have another problem now. When
looking in omreport, It seems the raid I configured uses a write through
policy but accorind to the bios I see a write back. Also I see quite a big
difference in write performance between 2 servers using the same setup. Can
you guys help me to find a way how to check the differences?

I was thinking to check each disk seperate. Is this possible in the
raidcontroller or omreport? There are no SMART errors but i fear one of the
disks has a minor speed flaw. I'd like to be sure about this.

Thanks in advance

Hannes