iDRAC Express configuration on R710

Adam Williams adam_williams at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 8 08:21:53 CST 2012

I have an R710 with an iDRAC6 Express that I would like to use.  The
server does not have a NIC port next to the wrench label on the back of
the unit.  That spot has a plastic blank out piece.  I guess that means
that the iDRAC6 Express runs over one of the standard NIC ports?  In
OMSA 6.5 it shows the iDRAC6 Express configured with a proper Static
IPv4 address for my network, but I am unable to ping the iDRAC6
Express.  The NIC Selection in the iDRAC6 Express is set to Shared.  The
active NIC in the server is the NIC labeled as port 3 on the back of the
server.  Does the network cable need to be plugged into NIC port 1
instead, or what am I doing wrong?