Dell PowerEdge 1950: udev hanging on boot on recent CentOS 5 kernels

Jeffrey_L_Mendoza at Dell.com Jeffrey_L_Mendoza at Dell.com
Wed Mar 7 17:10:26 CST 2012

inventory_firmware will show what you have installed
update_firmware will show what you have installed, and if there are any matching updates in /usr/share/firmware
update_firmware --yes will do the update

Which dell_ie* rpms do you have installed?
Did yum install $(bootstrap_firmware) pull down any Broadcom nic payload rpms? You can try "yum erase firmware-tools" and answer no (or --assumeno) to see all the payload packages you have installed

Can you dry stopping the omsa services and running inventory_firmware?

Jeff Mendoza
Software Engineer
Dell | Linux OS Engineering
office + 1 512 723 9534