DRAC setup with bonded interfaces

Jonathan jonathan at schwarzelan.de
Thu Mar 1 10:48:22 CST 2012

Hi Donny,

It is possible to get the iDRACs working over a bonded interface.
But I guess it might differ for bonding modes: I could imagine bond-mode
4 (802.3ad mode) to cause issues,
I am sure that bonding modes 0,1,2,3,5,6 work (and I have extensively
used modes 5+6) for a share iDRAC.

However watch out for a possible Firmware-Bug (I have an issue open with
Dell for >10month now, and only slowly we are getting somewhere) where
the iDRAC express 'shared' interfaces suddenly fail (and are only truly
and reliably reachable while the OS is powered down) - in my case for 5
R815 boxes this is true.

So keep an eye on things.

Best
-Jonathan