OMSA 7.0 on RHEL6

Trevor Cooper tcooper at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 31 15:02:52 CDT 2012

I usually do the following to make sure everything is configured and running...

# /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/srvadmin-services.sh enable
racsvc          0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
dataeng         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
dsm_om_shrsvc   0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
dsm_om_connsvc  0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

# /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/srvadmin-services.sh restart

Shutting down DSM SA Shared Services:                      [  OK  ]
Shutting down DSM SA Connection Service:                   [  OK  ]
Stopping Systems Management Data Engine:
Stopping dsm_sa_eventmgrd:                                 [  OK  ]
Stopping dsm_sa_datamgrd:                                  [  OK  ]
Stopping Systems Management Device Drivers:
Stopping dell_rbu:                                         [  OK  ]
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu:                                         [  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver: Already started                      [  OK  ]
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Starting dsm_sa_datamgrd:                                  [  OK  ]
Starting dsm_sa_eventmgrd:                                 [  OK  ]
Starting DSM SA Shared Services:                           [  OK  ]
Starting DSM SA Connection Service:                        [  OK  ]

Often, when a service isn't already running you'll see [ FAILED ] status when
shutting down.

--
Trevor