Kickstart an R610 from a 10Gb card

Alessandra Forti Alessandra.Forti at cern.ch
Tue Jul 31 08:34:46 CDT 2012

Hi,

we have bought a number of R610 with dual X520-T2 cards.

I'd like to kickstart them with RHEL5.8 from the 10Gb interfaces.

At the moment I'm stuck at the fact that they don't appear in the bios
at all. I tried to upgrade the firmware using the Linux version
contained in PREBOOT.EXE. Everything seems to complete correctly but
when I reboot the machine I can't see the interfaces anywhere. I can
only see the embedded ones. Below is the output of bootutil64e after a
rerun today. Do you know if there is any problem with the Linux utility?
or if I'm missing some vital information?

Thanks a lot for any help

cheers
alessandra

/./bootutil64e -ALL  -UP=Combo -FILE=../BootIMG.FLB

Intel(R) Ethernet Flash Firmware Utility
BootUtil version 1.2.105.0
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 Intel Corporation

Programming flash on port 1 with flash firmware image
Create restore image of NIC 1 before proceeding? (Y)es or (N)o: y

Saving flash firmware image on port 1 to file 151C401B.FLB...
Filename 151C401B.FLB already exists.
(O)verwrite/proceed or (S)top execution?: o
saved

Flash update successful

Skipping port 2 (shared flash with previous port)

Port Network Address Series  WOL Flash Firmware                    Version
   1   6805CA0395C0   10GbE   N/A UEFI,PXE,iSCSI                    -------
   2   6805CA0395C1   10GbE   N/A UEFI,PXE,iSCSI                    -------/

--
Facts aren't facts if they come from the wrong people. (Paul Krugman)