OMSA 6.5, PERC H700 and RAID 6 - Is this expected behavior?

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Jul 26 04:46:58 CDT 2012

Ricardo Stella <stella at rider.edu> writes:

> Ok - my bad - the system was configured with a hot spare.  The vdisk
> was ok since the hot spare transition in.  We need to be able to
> detect this .

There are a number of ways to accomplish that, but it depends on what
monitoring system you have available. OMSA has all the facilities you
would need for this kind of thing (SNMP, CIM, omreport).

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo