OMSA 7.1 on debian Squeeze

Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com Jared_Dominguez at DELL.com
Wed Jul 25 10:02:31 CDT 2012

> I have upgraded our servers to OMSA 7.1 and am unable to connect
> using the web browser to port 1311.  OMSA 6.5 was working well.
>
> I poked around and noticed that it appears to only opening an IPV6
> listening port and wondered if anybody had a solution.
>
> $ netstat -ln | fgrep 1311
> tcp6       0      0 :::1311                 :::*                    LISTEN

This is normal. It will accept IPv4 connections as well.

> In the past,
> there were some strange issues with v6 and my servers all have the
> kernel setting to bind both v4 and v6 sockets.

This is the likely cause of your problems.

> I am using  sun-java6 packages.

It shouldn't as OMSA includes its own copy of the Java runtime.

> Anybody experience something similar or have a solution?

I tested, both when I have a host name with both A and AAAA records, and when I use a hostname with only an AAAA record. Both work fine for me. If you are using a hostname which has both A and AAAA records, make sure that you have a working IPv6 route, routers (or Windows machines!) aren't advertising bogus IPv6 routes, and what not.