OMSA 7.1 on debian Squeeze

Kristian Kvilekval kris at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 24 16:25:46 CDT 2012

I have upgraded our servers to OMSA 7.1 and am unable to connect
using the web browser to port 1311.  OMSA 6.5 was working well.

I poked around and noticed that it appears to only opening an IPV6
listening port and wondered if anybody had a solution.

$ netstat -ln | fgrep 1311
tcp6       0      0 :::1311                 :::*                    LISTEN

In the past,
there were some strange issues with v6 and my servers all have the
kernel setting to bind both v4 and v6 sockets.

$ sysctl -a | grep bindv6
net.ipv6.bindv6only = 0

I am using  sun-java6 packages.

Anybody experience something similar or have a solution?

Kris