OMSA Commands not working

Libin Babu libin.babu at nocme.com
Sat Jul 21 02:50:40 CDT 2012

Hi geeks,

I have installed OMSA in an Ubuntu 12.04 machine referring to the links
http://linux.dell.com/repo/community/deb/latest/  and
http://www.monkeedev.co.uk/blog/2010/01/27/monitoring-a-dell-perc-6i-raid-co
ntroller-in-ubuntu-and-debian/ . I tried the step, sudo apt-get install
srvadmin-all from the first link, but it failed to install telling that
there is no such package. Then I followed the second link and the
installation was completed. But when I run the commands like, omreport,
omconfig, and omhelp, I am getting the below error:

omreport: error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0: cannot open

You have new mail in /var/mail/root

Please help me with the steps on how to resolve this error. I need to make
the OMSA up in the machine and need your help on this so badly.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Libin Babu