omconfig biossetting vs C6100

John Alberts john.m.alberts at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:59:32 CDT 2012

You shouldn't have to configure them by hand.  Call your Dell sales rep and
ask him to find out or get you in touch with DCS to help you configure
this.  I know they have a tool called setupbios that they use to configure
bios features, including power management.  AFAIK, it's not publicly
available and you have to ask them for it and how to use it.  The tool
doesn't have any internal help documentation.

Regards,
John

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Harvey, M J <m.j.harvey at imperial.ac.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After updating to the omconfig tools to
> srvadmin-omacore-7.0.0-4.168.1.el6.x86_64
> omconfig has lost the ability to program C6100 BIOSes, viz:
>
> # omconfig chassis biossetup attribute=cstates setting=enabled
> Error! BIOS setup feature unavailable on this system.
>
> Yes, I know it wasn't "supported" before, but it did happen to work, at
> least for the setting I cared about.
>
> Can we have (even limited) C6100 BIOS setting ability restored please? I
> have a few racks'-worth of these coming soon, and configing them by hand is
> going to make my PFY cry.
>
> Ta,
>
> Matt

John Alberts